15/02/2016

A Meandering Missive - by Jeff Fitchett

Today is family day in Ontario, Canada.  It's a provincial holiday and pretty much everything is shut down from a commerce standpoint.  In this 24/7 world we live in it is sometimes hard to take a step back, catch our breath and look at things from a distance.  I have spent much of my day thinking about life and the world around me.  I have read dozens of articles, interacted with my youngest daughter, spoke to a client on the phone and I have been doing some house work.  Within me, just under the surface, is an anxious feeling.  I have been thinking about my immediate family and the years to come.  It used to be easy planning for the future when it was just me to think about, but incorporating others into the equation in this day and age is difficult given how much change is on the way.  I fret thinking about what is to become of our society and our world.  

War is on my mind.  It infuriates me that vested interests are destroying our civilization.  The average person, no matter what their faith, creed and beliefs all share the desire to be loved, a roof over their head, clean water & food and a future without fear.  It pisses me off that a very small group of people are causing so much death and destruction.  Turkey and Saudi Arabia are on the brink of putting boots on the ground in Syria in this will lead to a much broader war.  The US and their vassal states have destabilized most of the world through overt military aggression and from failed economic policies.  Bob Dylan's song; 'Masters of War', is on my mind.

"Come you masters of war. You that build all the guns. You that build the death planes. You that build all the bombs. You that hide behind walls. You that hide behind desks. I just want you to know I can see through your masks."

"You that never done nothin', but build to destroy. You play with my world like it's your little toy. You put a gun in my hand and you hide from my eyes. And you turn and run farther when the fast bullets fly."

"Like Judas of old you lie and deceive. A world war can be won. You want me to believe, but I see through your eyes and I see through your brain. Like I see through the water that runs down my drain."

"You fasten all the triggers for the others to fire. Then you set back and watch when the death count gets higher. You hide in your mansion' as young people's blood flows out of their bodies and is buried in the mud."

"You've thrown the worst fear that can ever be hurled. Fear to bring children into the world. For threatening my baby unborn and unnamed. You ain't worth the blood that runs in your veins."

"How much do I know to talk out of turn. You might say that I'm young. You might say I'm unlearned, but there's one thing I know. Though I'm younger than you. That even Jesus would never forgive what you do."

"Let me ask you one question. Is your money that good? Will it buy you forgiveness? Do you think that it could? I think you will find. When your death takes its toll. All the money you made will never buy back your soul."

"And I hope that you die and your death'll come soon. I will follow your casket in the pale afternoon and I'll watch while you're lowered. Down to your deathbed. And I'll stand over your grave 'Til I'm sure that you're dead."

I keep reminding myself to focus on the small things that I can control personally because looking at everything in its entirety certainly leaves one feeling inefficacious.  I often hear the words; "I don't want to know; it's too hard to think about". We are allowing so much destruction to occur in our civilization because many are blinded by the matrix and a mindset of: "out of sight, out of mind".  We are responsible for our own actions. I chose to leave the wealth management industry because I saw how parasitic it is.  I was unable to accept the fact that my personal efforts enriched a system that has enslaved us and is degrading our culture.  Our culture is now one of consumerism rather than the customs, arts, social institutions, and achievements of people.  Bill Hicks did an excellent skit on advertising and marketing.  He summed up our consumer culture quite well. 

The hopes and dreams of most people are tied to the financial markets.  You know this to be true because every government focuses their priorities on "improving" the economy.  The fatal flaw, as it pertains to economic policy, is the notion that the economy can grow perpetually.  A world of finite resources will not allow for infinite growth, yet economists, mainstream media, corporations and government officials all toe the same line that we must stimulate the economy.  People need to wake up to the fact that we have reached the end of our current economic paradigm.  We need to work on building a world that is sustainable and localized. Sadly, war and economic collapse will be what forces the collective population to react to our soon to be understood reality.  The gravy train of free handouts and globalization will soon end and this will be a rude awakening for most people.  We have younger generations of people that have never experienced true hardship let alone a full blown depression. The warning signs are everywhere that the system is breaking down.  I encourage everyone to reflect on their personal situation and to think long and hard about what will happen to their life as times get tougher.  We will need to rely on each other so that we can move forward and rebuild a culture that is not based on a paradigm of debt and death.  

"There are three methods to gaining wisdom. The first is reflection, which is the Nobelist  The second is imitation, which is the easiest. The third is experience, which is the bitterest." 



No comments:

Post a Comment